Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yoga Poem

I recently opened up my messy book of poems that I had written. Most of these poems were written in 1999/2000. A time when I was writing alot with some wonderful women in a writing group. It was a time of creativity and change for me as I was yet to take on the responsibility of teaching lots of yoga and eventually a studio. Two weeks ago, I joined another writing group and that has inspired me to look back at my writings. A special thank you to Temple. Most of my poetry is probably way too heavy for this blog site, but I think some of the yoga poems woould be just right.



There is a city within my body
complete with noises,
angrymotorists,
busy pedestrians,
smog,
violence,
poverty.

But
this city is humanity
in both its dark and light forms,
in its day and night,
its outside and inside
sometimes softened
by the night air
where stars shine down
on me.

Come city
lift up your chin
and gaze upward
knowing that you too
have the same stars
singing.

The city never sleeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Thank you. I am going to use that poem in my classes. I think retriving information for the messy pile is the best. Thanks for the inspiration to dive into my messy pile.

namaste
Kimberly

bigchainring said...

hi anne
cool poem...it's going on our inspiration board at the studio.
take care.
matt
www.mrcmain.blogspot.com